The Nature of Play Book offers simple, seasonal activities encouraging children (and the adults who love them) to play with and among nature – whether they live among skyscrapers or fields.
Days spent wandering and wondering are what childhoods should be made of – and The Nature of Play is packed with plentiful ideas for simple, fascinating and fun ways to do just that – rain or shine.
In these 44 seasonal activities, banish boredom by:
- Learning how to find your way using nature's signs
- Making a fire – and then cooking delicious food over it
- Going stargazing and spotting constellations
- Creating a beautiful mobile to celebrate the seasons
- Hosting a special summertime party
- Tuning up your bike
- Suitable from age 8 +